from Microsoft Canada Career Centre
A well-prepared resume may not lead directly to a job offer, but it will improve your chances of being considered for a position and perhaps help you land an interview. Here are a few suggestions for submitting a resume to Microsoft
- Make certain your resume is up-to-date and clearly describes your strengths, past jobs, and expertise.
- To show that you are more qualified than the competition for the positions you are seeking, present specific accomplishments and achievements: percentages increased, accounts expanded, awards won, etc.
- Provide a description of the specific positions that interest you, and your skills and qualifications, so we can best match your abilities and interests with appropriate positions in our company.
- Be factual and don't exaggerate on dates or titles. A background check that discovers inaccurate information could immediately disqualify you from consideration.
- Use the spell checker feature on your computer or ask a friend to review your resume for typos or grammatical errors.
- Be sure to include your current contact information.
Preparing for the Interview
A typical Microsoft interview is anything but typical. The types of questions you'll be asked will vary depending on the position you're looking for, but all are meant to investigate your capabilities and potential to grow. We look for original, creative thinkers, people with a passion for what they do and the energy to make those around them better. Let us offer a few words of advice on how to make the most of your Microsoft Canada interview.
Come well rested. You will typically meet with three to six different people over the course of your interview. You want to be mentally prepared.
Dress comfortably (business or professional casual attire). Wear whatever makes you comfortable in an interview. Microsoft prizes intelligence and contribution over style.
Relax and be yourself. Natural enthusiasm and positive attitude will take you a long way to making a positive impression.
Remember, an interview is an opportunity for you to get to know us, as well as for us to get to know you. Relax. Ask questions. Listen. Learn. This may be the beginning of an incredible journey.